canberrabirds

What are they for?

To: 'CanberraBirds' <>
Subject: What are they for?
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 10:58:05 +0000

Whatever, but this is an unhelpful and surely wrong suggestion about for Common Mynas and starlings. Not likely to be the intent, (unless part of the control program for these birds) even if it is a consequence. I suggest an improvement on guessing would surely be that the best entity to ask is whoever it was who put them there. I was wondering if it is intended for other fauna, like bats. Maybe put there to simply ask the question what happens?  But stuck out like that does not look to me to be very enticing in that habitat.

I think the arboretum is rather nice - mostly although it is so much like that line from “Big Yellow Taxi”.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Yellow_Taxi

They took all the trees
And put them in a tree museum
Then they charged the people
A dollar and a half just to see 'em...................