canberrabirds

FW: [canberrabirds] Regarding the reporting of Emus

To: "" <>
Subject: FW: [canberrabirds] Regarding the reporting of Emus
From: Geoffrey Dabb <>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 00:38:57 +0000

From: Paul Fennell [
Sent: Saturday, 17 December 2016 10:09 AM
To: Canberrabirds

Many thanks to the folk who responded to my email about including or excluding “Captive” emus in or from the Annual Bird Report.

Like most things there appear to be many shades of grey, with a line to be drawn somewhere along the spectrum. Without wishing to bore you with too much detail, I have included the following sightings IN the report.

ObservationDate

Observer

COGObserverCode

GridNbr

NbrObservedAlpha

BreedingCode

Location

2016-01-01

Alastair Smith

SmA1

H17

5

Tidbinbilla Road at Corin Road

2016-01-04

Alison Mackerras

MaA2

G14

2

Cotter Dam - track to viewing area on west side of dam wall

2016-01-07

Christine Darwood

DaC2

H17

1

Tidbinbilla Road at Corin Road

2016-01-23

Ryu Callaway

CaR3

H17

1

Corin Road at -35.45833, 148.97499

2016-01-27

Ryu Callaway

CaR3

G14

2

Cotter Dam

2016-02-09

Steve Holliday

HoS1

H17

5

Tidbinbilla Road at Corin Road

2016-03-06

Ms C Drake

DrC1

H17

1

Tidbinbilla Road at Corin Road

2016-04-11

David McDonald

McD1

B03

1

Black Range Road at 34.8505S, 148.7334E

2016-05-04

Ryu Callaway

CaR3

H17

5

Corin Road at -35.45833, 148.97499

2016-05-14

shorty w

W S1

H17

5

Corin Road at -35.45833, 148.97499

and I have excluded the following, on the basis they had Tidbinbilla as the location.

ObservationDate

Observer

COGObserverCode

GridNbr

NbrObservedAlpha

BreedingCode

Location

2015-07-03

Scott Ryan

RyS1

H17

1

Birrigai, Tidbinbilla (restricted access)

2015-07-09

Ryu Callaway

CaR3

G17

2

Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve--Ring Road

2015-08-20

Paul Gatenby

GaP1

G17

2

Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve--Birrigai Time Trail

2015-08-30

Liam Manderson

MaL2

F18

1

Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve

2015-09-28

Ryu Callaway

CaR3

G17

3

Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve--Birrigai Time Trail

2015-10-01

Brian Puttock

PuB1

F18

3

Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve

2015-10-19

Liam Manderson

MaL2

H17

4

Birrigai, Tidbinbilla (restricted access)

2015-10-24

Jonette McDonnell

McJ2

G17

2

Tidbinbilla NR - Visitors Centre

2015-11-18

Lee Jaszlics

JaL1

F18

Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve

2016-01-01

Jill Duncan &  Ken Bissett

KeJ5

F18

4

Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve--Sanctuary

2016-02-27

Daniel Mantle

MaD4

G17

Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve--Birrigai Time Trail

2016-03-19

Jill Duncan &  Ken Bissett

KeJ5

G17

1

Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve--Turkey Hill

2016-04-02

Nancy Auerbach

AuN1

G17

2

Tidinbilla Nature Reserve--Tidinbilla Visitor Centre

2016-04-14

Patrick Ellsworth

ElP1

G17

2

Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve--Ring Road

2016-04-18

Silvana Manzanell

MaS8

F18

3

Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve--Sanctuary

2016-04-28

Paul Gatenby

GaP1

F18

2

Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve--Sanctuary

2016-05-06

Jill Duncan &  Ken Bissett

KeJ5

G17

3

Tidbinbilla Visitor Centre

2016-06-26

Ryu Callaway

CaR3

G17

3

Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve--Birrigai Time Trail

2016-06-29

Simon Stratford

StS2

F18

5

Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve

If you have any issues that you think need discussing about this, I am most happy to receive advice and or opinion.

Warm regards

Paul

Paul Fennell
Editor, COG Annual Bird Report