canberrabirds

insect case observed at Kama

To: Canberra Birds <>
Subject: insect case observed at Kama
From: Paul Taylor <>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2016 09:06:56 +0000
(Sorry for the duplicate post, John - I meant to reply to the group.)

The common names for these are "case moths", "bag moths" and/or "bagworms".
Beyond that, I'll defer to an entomologist...

This page has a good selection which may or may not occur locally:
http://www.brisbaneinsects.com/brisbane_moths/PSYCHIDAE.htm