canberrabirds

Any MS Word experts?

To: canberrabirds chatline <>
Subject: Any MS Word experts?
From: Julian Robinson <>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 08:40:02 +0000

I’m posting the minutes of last year’s AGM on the website and notice a curious anomaly that I would like to fix but can’t. I hope there’s someone who can educate me on the cause.  The issue is that when you read the document as a pdf file on the website, the pdf viewer displays a title at the top which inappropriately refers to it as the 2014 minutes rather than the 2015 minutes.  I can’t find where this title comes from or where it is stored.  The document is now on the website (most easily accessible from the Latest News box on the home page).  This is what I see in my browser when the cursor is moved to top of page to bring up the menu of icons for printing etc.

I assume the offending title must be hidden in the original Word document somewhere.  To make it clear, this is the process followed:

- the file was provided to me as an MS Word document, and is itself headed, within the document, as “Draft Minutes of the 2015 Annual General Meeting …” as you can see.

- I saved the .docx file as a pdf file and uploaded that to the website.

- when the document is now accessed on the website through Chrome browser it displays correctly except that I can see the incorrect heading when I bring the top menu into view.  The problem heading is only visible in the Chrome pdf viewer, not when I view the same document in Firefox / Adobe pdf viewer, which doesn’t display any title at all.

Can anyone explain where this heading comes from please?

Julian