canberrabirds

Banding trip and COG outing to Buddigower Nature Reserve October 1 - 3

To: 'alistair bestow' <>, "Anthony (Tony) Hunt" <>, 'Anthony Overs' <>, "'Carole Elliott'" <>, 'Constanza Leon' <>, "'Drynan, David'" <>, 'David Egan' <>, Ding Li Yong <>, 'Harvey Perkins' <>, 'James Nicholls' <>, 'Janet Gardner' <>, "'Jas Allnutt'" <>, Jen Hine <>, "'Jenny Bounds'" <>, 'John Rawsthorne' <>, 'john saw' <>, 'Julian Teh' <>, 'Kelly Debono' <>, "" <>, 'Lee Philip' <>, Mark Clayton <>, 'Mark Carey' <>, "" <>, 'Neil Hermes' <>, "'Peter Davidson'" <>, 'Peter Ewin' <>, 'Cate & Peter Ewin' <>, 'Peter Marsack' <>, "'Petra Hanke'" <>, 'Phil Woollen' <>, 'Richard Allen' <>, 'Robyn McCulloch' <>, "'Holland, Rob'" <>, Robert Magrath <>, 'Steve Holliday' <>, Stuart Rae <>, Sue and Andrew Newbery <>, Sue and John Brown <>, 'Suzi Bond' <>, Terry Korodaj <>, "" <>, Warren Martin <>, "'Selmes, Hannah'" <>, 'Sylvia Larsson' <>, 'Els Tack' <>, 'Katarina Stenman' <>, "" <>, 'Rachael Robb' <>, "'Chaminda Pradeep Ratnayake'" <>, 'Kim Sebo' <>, 'Sarah Brown' <>, 'Ross Crates' <>, 'Debbie Saunders' <>
Subject: Banding trip and COG outing to Buddigower Nature Reserve October 1 - 3
From: Mark Clayton <>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2016 04:41:12 +0000

Hi all,

This is a reminder to the members of the banding team and anyone from COG who plans to come to the banding trip in Buddigower Nature Reserve near West Wyalong over the October long weekend. Anyone needing directions please get back to me. Remember it will be a take everything in, take (almost!!) everything out. Please bring a comfortable chair to sit on! Please let me know if you are coming, especially those from COG. It will be a camping trip but for those who do not wish to camp it is only about 15 km back in to West Wyalong where there are plenty of motels and two caravan parks.

HOWEVER given the difficulty that Peter and Alistair had getting in to The Charcoal Tank (essentially they didn’t!!) a couple of weeks ago due to flooding in the area I may need to call the trip off at the last moment. There has been a LOT of rain in the region over the last couple of months, as those who were on the July CT trip will know, and with more predicted in the coming week, I plan to go out next week to assess the situation. The road and then track in to Buddigower can become very boggy in the wet and I don’t want to have people spending the weekend digging themselves out of a hole. If I do decide to call the trip off then I will notify everyone on the CT contact list and those from COG via the chat line on the Thursday prior to the weekend. If anyone needs any additional information then please get back to me. If the trip does go ahead then I will be arriving on Friday afternoon and departing early Monday morning.

Hannah, could you please inform your friend of the trip, or better still get her to contact me directly so that I can add her name to the contact list. As I have noted in the past I have deleted several names of people who did not contact me for the July CT trip. I am also going to start insisting that people whose names appear regularly on the contact list but who I have not yet even met, think very carefully about whether they really want to be involved. If you want to get a banding licence than a high level of commitment is required.

If people need, or can provide a lift to someone, please send a “reply to all” message. As usual I can make no guarantees.

The next scheduled banding trip will be to The Charcoal tank NR on the weekend of November 18 – 20, weather and all being OK. After that I will organise a trip in December for an English bander who will be in Australia visiting his daughter in Albury. A date will be advised closer to the event.

Mark