canberrabirds

Fw: Bald Eagle Attack | Gold Medal Birds | Next-Level Gull Spotting

To: canberrabirds <>
Subject: Fw: Bald Eagle Attack | Gold Medal Birds | Next-Level Gull Spotting
From: "Williams, Roger" <>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2016 05:58:59 +0000

                                          An incredible bit of video

Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2016 12:03 AM

Watch a remarkable video from our Osprey cam, act on behalf of America’s wildlife, and learn how to ID gulls.
Trouble viewing this e-mail? Try our web version.
National Audubon Society
Newsletter | August 2016
Bald Eagle Attack
Bald Eagle and Ospreys.
Osprey Cam Captures An Incredible Bald Eagle Attack
As the activity in our live streaming Osprey nest quiets down, this rare video of a Bald Eagle attack shows that this season was not without its drama. Watch the video to see the powerful instincts of predator and prey unfold, and be sure to check out our Explore.org live cam to see the family before it migrates. Read More
Thick-billed Murres.
Which Birds Would Win the Summer Games?
In Rio, the games showcase athletic achievements from humans around the world, but they have nothing on the animal kingdom’s natural athletes: birds. From seabirds to raptors, meet eleven avian competitors sure to take home the gold.  Read More
Thick-billed Murres.
Ring-billed Gull.
How to Identify Gulls
Sure, gulls as a group are easy to spot, but can you ID the different species? Check out the Birdist’s tips for seeing past the classic gray back and white body to the key indicators and you’ll be identifying gulls in no time! Read More
Ring-billed Gull.
Audubon in Action
Burrowing Owl.
These Displaced Burrowing Owls Call a Former Landfill Home
What was once a Phoenix landfill is now 600 acres of protected land for more than 100 Burrowing Owls as they eat, breed, and nod “howdy” to each other, thanks to local efforts led by Audubon Arizona. Read More
Burrowing Owl.
Cerulean Warbler.
Recovering America’s Wildlife Act
A new bill would be a lifeline for our nation’s birds, helping to conserve and recover at-risk species of birds and other wildlife. Urge your U.S. Representative to support the Recovering America’s Wildlife Act. Act Now
Cerulean Warbler.
Fierce, Free, and Ours to Protect
Bald Eagle.
Adopt a Bald Eagle Today
Once in danger of extinction, the Bald Eagle has made a spectacular recovery in many areas of the country. That’s thanks to smart protection measures and environmental advocacy by wildlife lovers like you. Adopt a Bald Eagle today and help them keep soaring strong.
Bald Eagle.
Photos (from top to bottom): Explore.org, Paul Nicklen/National Geographic Creative, Melissa Groo/Audubon Photography Awards, Nick Cote, Frode Jacobsen, Becky Lundeen/Audubon Photography Awards
Did you receive this message from a friend? Sign up for the Audubon Newsletter here→
Give Us Your Feedback
Share your thoughts with this short survey.
Facebook Twitter Email
National Audubon Society 225 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 USA
844-428-3826 audubon.org

© 2016 National Audubon Society, Inc.

CHANGE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION | MANAGE YOUR COMMUNICATIONS | UNSUBSCRIBE