canberrabirds

Out of area - information please

To: 'Lindell' <>, 'Canberra Birds' <>
Subject: Out of area - information please
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 12:50:44 +0000

Hello Lindell,

I think you have more information than anyone else. Pigment deficiencies occur in birds occasionally. Likely that some species are more prone than others or maybe some species survive better. I don’t know of it in this species. It is not fully albino as the head is still black. It looks as though the feather bases may be normal coloured, as in not all white. There is of course heaps of information if you look up Google for words including “leucism and albinism in birds”.

Philip