COG Chat <>, Ryu Callaway <>
Obs from the southside
Paul Gatenby <>
Sun, 17 Jul 2016 22:02:44 +0000
I've visited the pond looking for the crake several times over the past few months and not seen it.
Does it frequent a particular part of the pond? I've concentrated around the northern creek and adjacent tussocky grass.
Should I look elsewhere?
From: Ryu Callaway <>
Sent: Sunday, 3 July 2016 3:01 PM
To: COG Chat
Subject: [canberrabirds] Obs from the southside
A selection of interesting observations from the Fadden locality over the past 2 days
Wanniassa Hills- 2/7/16 am
- 2 large flocks of Red Wattlebirds plus a few individuals totaling about 30 gathered in a flowering gum
- A mixed flock of 14 Yellow-faced and White-naped honeyeaters moved through. Later, 2 smaller flocks of migrating(?) White-naped HEs moved through
- 1 Fuscous Honeyeater (and 1 White-plumed HE)
- 1 Olive-backed Oriole
- Male Mistletoebird in 2 separate locations (the same 2 spots as seen on COG outing)
Rose Cottage Horse Paddocks- 2/7/16 pm
- Wedge-tailed Eagle and Brown Falcon
- Total of 405 Australian White Ibis including the largest single skein of AWI I have ever seen at approx 142 count from photo departed the
Mugga Ln Tip for their roost in Lake Tuggeranong. This is my second highest total after monitoring their numbers about weekly from the start of the year (highest 415 2/4/16).
- 4 Pelicans seen roosting high atop some dead trees across Mugga Ln in the Tip
Fadden Hills Pond- 3/7/16 am
- Spotless Crake spotted
- A single Grey Butcherbird perched in the same tree for >40mins, same branch for >15mins, calling a lot.
|<Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread>|
- Obs from the southside,
Paul Gatenby <=
The University of NSW School of Computer and Engineering
takes no responsibility for the contents of this archive. It is purely
a compilation of material sent by many people to the Canberra Ornithologists Group mailing list. It has not been checked for accuracy nor its content verified in any way.
If you wish to get material removed from the archive or
have other queries about the list contact David McDonald, list manager, phone (02) 6231 8904 or email
If you can not contact David McDonald e-mail
Andrew Taylor at this address: