canberrabirds

Narrabundah HIll N fence line - all our 5 Thornbills 11.30am to 1pm

To: canberrabirds <>
Subject: Narrabundah HIll N fence line - all our 5 Thornbills 11.30am to 1pm
From: casburnj <>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 06:20:34 +0000

The track is wet in places and there is plenty of short green grass for small birds. However the morning was sunny, windy and cool.

I note that someone has been in with a chain saw and taken the trunk of a dry dead wattle.

There were 27 species mostly of small birds including 22 Double-barred Finch, only a few Crimson Rosella (when there are usually lots), 3 Scarlet Robin, 1 Hobby, 1 Australian Kestrel, 1 Grey Butcherbird, 2 Speckled Warbler, 6 Grey Shrike Thrush, 2 Tawny Frogmouth, 2 Laughing Kookaburra looking cold, Superb Fairy Wren and Weebill.  I didn’t see any Pied Currawong.

Jean