canberrabirds

Garden Bird Survey

To: 'Rhiannon Kiggins' <>, "" <>
Subject: Garden Bird Survey
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 08:21:15 +0000

It was always a difficult thing to arrange, mainly the lookup system that will insert the bird name if you put in the bird number (the data is stored and transferred based on the number, not the name) so that part needs to be input correctly and no surprise it is not on the COG website. I know of some that use an excel file. Many years ago Paul Fennel built a “run time version” in MS Access for doing data input from the chart that looks like the chart and can be used for direct entry but it does not have the “common” birds already included. I wonder if that system has been developed since I (with help from others) built the database and input method. Maybe after all these years it is about time. At least for anyone also using MS Access. It should be easy. Although I could use direct entry on a computer, I still think in terms of the paper chart.

Philip