canberrabirds

Help needed for identifying Scarlet Robin breeding events

To: 'canberra birds' <>
Subject: Help needed for identifying Scarlet Robin breeding events
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 12:29:22 +0000
Yes and the other ones that are confusable with thornbill (all that group I
think) and fairy-wren nests is the finches (native ones I mean) that also
build domed nests with side entrances. Mostly they are untidy grass
arrangements. In addition to Mark's comparative comments, robins' nests are
usually neat. So indeed they are quite different. Also for Judy's question,
it is feasible that the actual breeding could be quite some distance from
the place of seeing adults with young.

-----Original Message-----From: Judy Middle took