canberrabirds

Woodland survey - Mugga Lane (Isaacs Ridge Nature Reserve)

To: Cog line <>
Subject: Woodland survey - Mugga Lane (Isaacs Ridge Nature Reserve)
From: sandra henderson <>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 01:50:06 +0000
The three survey points on Mugga Lane were quiet this morning, with only 18 species in total seen/heard.  A Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoo was calling from further up the ridge as I arrived, and after I'd completed the surveys a flock of ten Brown-headed Honeyeaters flew over. The single small feeding flock contained Speckled Warblers (2), Scarlet Robins (2), several Brown Thornbills and a White-eared Honeyeater. Weebills and Noisy Miners, as usual, were the most numerous birds.
Sandra Henderson