canberrabirds

interesting sightings this morning

To: 'sandra henderson' <>, 'Cog line' <>
Subject: interesting sightings this morning
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 01:37:01 +0000

I also go there sort of regularly. Although most sort of counts are by hearing them from the upper walkway (which changed after 2003), with only a handful of viewings over the years. In winter usually. Can’t think that I have ever noticed as much as 8 in a day (anywhere – perhaps in Tasmania). They are normally far less social than most honeyeaters and I find at that place on those times that I do notice them, would usually space out something like 100 to 200 metres apart.

Philip