canberrabirds

Jerrabomberrra Wetlands etc today

To: COG List <>
Subject: Jerrabomberrra Wetlands etc today
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 07:07:05 +0000
The big personal news is that I finally managed to track down the White-cheeked Honeyeater.  Thanks to Christine and Shorty for letting me know the most recent locales (over by the Grevilleas in the heathland).

Just before I got to that point I noticed an Australian Raven carrying a white golf ball.  It appeared to have come from the direction of the Capital Golf Club about 3kms away.  It took off, still carrying the ball, before this author could get a snap.  There was many Yellow-faced Honeyeaters overflying (I recorded 200, which could have been very low.)  I counted 21 Freckled Ducks roosted on the pelican logs.

As I left I noticed a lot of birds on the now filled lagoons of the sewage works.  Peering through from outside the fence I recorded 35 Masked Lapwings, ~65 Silver Gulls and ~50 Pink-eared Ducks.