canberrabirds

Sick? Migrating Yellow-faced Honeyeater at Tuggeranong

To: 'Tun Pin ONG' <>, 'Canberrabirds' <>
Subject: Sick? Migrating Yellow-faced Honeyeater at Tuggeranong
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 09:10:23 +0000

Well who knows, birds can be sick and every individual dies. I can tell a story about the one White-fronted Honeyeater that stayed at my home for 9 weeks about 10 years ago. I have all the details written down somewhere. After a rainy night within the first week or two of its stay with me it spent one whole day behaving exactly like that Yellow-faced Honeyeater you describe (apart from that it spent most of the day sleeping and looking generally miserable at the exposed top of a tree). That was the day Geoffrey Dabb first came to film it. For all of the other about 62 days of its time with me (and I watched it every day and many other people watched on many days) it was a very active and predictable bird, barely sitting still for a minute.

Philip