canberrabirds

Plumed whistling ducks plus

To: David McDonald personal <>
Subject: Plumed whistling ducks plus
From: Julienne Kamprad <>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 20:58:41 +0000

David
I did see 4 PWDs at that same dam at 11am yesterday Sunday. I could not see more at the sewage works, Trucking Yard Lane or the dam near the railway crossing on Hoskinstown Rd
There were also 40 A. Shelducks with the  PWD 20 A.White Ibis Trucking Yard Lane paddock. A good variety of waterbirds at the sewage works.

When I returned at 1.30pm none of these 3 species and only a few of the regular ducks could be seen.

On another note the nursery owner reported an Eastern Whipbird over this summer in his house and orchard area at Mount Fairy. His land some 4500 acres is entirely pastoral. He is going to keep a look out for and ask his neighbours about the PWDs.  The new e.field guide was very handy to show him the birds.

Julienne