canberrabirds

Buff-banded Rail Brood

To: COG Chatline <>
Subject: Buff-banded Rail Brood
From: Julie Clark <>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 02:28:22 +0000
Hi All,

Seen at Forde Creek today, a family of Buff-banded Rails - 4 juveniles. This is the second brood for the creek this breeding season that I am aware of.

I watched them feeding for about 12 minutes, but couldn't manage a photo with all four chicks in the shot. I would suggest that they are around 2 weeks old, based on colour, size and behaviour.

Cheers
Julie

--
Julie Clark