canberrabirds

musk lorikeets

To: Cog line <>
Subject: musk lorikeets
From: sandra henderson <>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 20:48:29 +0000
when I said at COG meeting last week that Musk Lorikeets were no longer around, I had not seen or heard them for 8 days. This week some have re-appeared. They are obviously spending some time at Wanniassa Hills Primary, and this morning I had 3 in my back garden in the gum tree from about 7am. One stayed for about 15 mins, 2 others came and went several times, then one joined the single bird and a bit of mutual preening ensued. Both then flew off in direction of WHPS.
Back garden has been full of red wattlebirds this week - up to 4 at a time in the bird bath or sharing it with noisy miners and/or eastern rosellas, and others dashing around like mad things through the shrubs. They do seem to like the eremophilas (not a lot of flowers on them though). some decidedly aggressive, even towards me - I've had to dodge some quite blatant swooping.

sandra h