canberrabirds

FW: [canberrabirds] FW: WWD photo exhib

To: "" <>
Subject: FW: [canberrabirds] FW: WWD photo exhib
From: Geoffrey Dabb <>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2016 22:54:53 +0000

As Michael indicated the photographic display is mounted on the brush fencing near the Kelly Swamp hides. The finished result is quite impressive, worth a visit I think.  Michael had called for contributions on this chatline.

The display is in connection with World Wetlands Day, which was yesterday, but the 'Open Day' planned for the local wetlands is on Sunday 7th.

I suppose COG is taking part one way or other but I have seen no publicity for that on this chatline, and there is nothing in the recent Gang-gang about it.  As the day will be laden with family-friendly entertainment, music and so on I anticipate there will be the usual murmurings on this chatline about environmentally  irrelevant activity, birds being driven off etc.  Personally I think the event is in the spirit of WW Day and  its success is not to be measured by how many birds hang around.  If you want to watch birds you should just go somewhere else on that day.

Below is a snip from the publicity flier -