canberrabirds

another Channnel-billed Cuckoo

To: 'CHATLINE' <>
Subject: another Channnel-billed Cuckoo
From: Mark Clayton <>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 20:16:51 +0000

Morning all,

At 0708 this morning I heard the unmistakable call of a Channel-billed Cuckoo  near, but not in, my GBS area. This is the second record of this species I have recorded in nearly 40 years of living in Kaleen. The local Sulphur-crested Cockatoos appeared to take exception to the bird given the ruckus they were kicking up. Going by the reports on the chatline they are in plague proportions in Canberra  this year – or is it just one bird circling the northern parts of Canberra!?! An Incidental COG report form will be filled in.

Mark