canberrabirds

Re: Re: [canberrabirds] What do you do with your bird photos?

To: Con Boekel <>
Subject: Re: Re: [canberrabirds] What do you do with your bird photos?
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 21:44:11 +0000
Add Atlas of Living Australia to Con's list.

From my perspective it would be a really good idea if the administrators of these groups got together and exchanged data so that there was a single repository.  Unfortunately there are two major problems with such an arrangement:
  1. The various repositories serve different sets of members and thus have different objectives and content; and
  2. In many cases sharing content erodes a power base and is thus repulsive to the managers of the content.
I have my own view as to which of these traits is the dominant one.

Martin

Martin