canberrabirds

Re: FW: [canberrabirds] Flycatcher at Mulligan's today

To: Geoffrey Dabb <>
Subject: Re: FW: [canberrabirds] Flycatcher at Mulligan's today
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 21:38:14 +0000
As well as call and colour of back (which in this case looks far too dark for a Leaden Flycatcher) the shape of the breast band can be helpful.  To me this looks quite sharply cut off and bulges downwards: both indicators of Satin rather than Leaden.

I am intrigued by Julie's comment that it isn't on the Mulligans list.  I have a memory of seeing one there on a COG outing some time back, and looking at the bird info page from the COG website it has certainly been recorded in the appropriate grid cell(s).

Martin