canberrabirds

Flycatcher at Mulligan's today

To: COG Chatline <>
Subject: Flycatcher at Mulligan's today
From: Julie Clark <>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 10:06:42 +0000
Hi All,

Alison and I visited Mulligan's Flat today to try our luck with the cuckoos reported there in recent days.

Our thanks to Jenny Bounds and Steve Holliday (on behalf of Jenny Newport - ANU) for reporting the Black-eared Cuckoo. We managed to find it and also Pallid Cuckoos and Horsfield's Bronze-Cuckoos ... new birds for us!

While there we also saw the attached flycatcher. On listening to the app, we both thought that it was a Satin Flycatcher and the colour seemed much darker that I'd seen before on Leaden Flycatchers. However, on checking the Mulligan's bird list, I noticed that the Satin Flycatcher wasn't listed.

Are we mistaken (nothing new there for me!) or could it have been a Satin Flycatcher??

Thanks once again for advice or information.

Cheers
Julie

--
Julie Clark