canberrabirds

Today's efforts in Namadgi

Subject: Today's efforts in Namadgi
From: Nathanael Coyne <>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 08:15:51 +0000
I haven't done a Bird Blitz before so I don't even know if I can contribute any of today's sightings.

Granite Tors Track, Orroral Road

I'm struggling to ID a raptor I got a glimpse of that I think was chasing a decent size Brown snake I saw a few minutes later in a hurry. It was larger than a Nankeen Kestrel, mostly brown, paler around neck, splayed primaries like an eagle. I also think I heard it's call later but also haven't matched that up with anything.

Lyrebird, 1
Fan-tailed Cuckoo, 2-3
Yellow-faced Honeyeater, dozens
White-eared Honeyeater, 1
White-throated Treecreeper, 2
White-naped Honeyeater, 1
White-browed Scrubwren, 5
Eastern Yellow Robin, 1
Eastern Whipbird, 2
Grey Shrike-Thrush, at least a dozen
Olive-backed Oriole, 1
Black-faced Cuckoo-shrike, 1
Striated Pardalote, 2
Crimson Rosella, 1

... and several other small birds I couldn't ID.

Plus the regulars including:

Kookaburra
Starling
Australian Raven