canberrabirds

COG Volunteers sought for Jerrabomberra Wetlands Bird Walks/Tours

To: "" <>
Subject: COG Volunteers sought for Jerrabomberra Wetlands Bird Walks/Tours
From: Jenny Bounds <>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 05:42:32 +0000

This advert will be in the October COG Gang-gang Newsletter.  As we are looking for someone to assist with an event soon on 18 October, we are also circulating on the chat line.

The Woodlands and Wetlands Trust is developing the Jerrabomberra Wetlands as an outstanding conservation reserve, and is now starting a programme of community engagement activities and tours to raise community interest and support.

COG has been asked to provide volunteers to assist new programmes such as Birds and Brunch and Wetlands Discovery Tours; these are paid activities, to help the Trust become financially sustainable.  All walks/tours will have a Ranger or Trust staff member as leader, with an expert volunteer, e.g. from COG or the Friends of Jerrabomberra Wetlands.

We are calling for expressions of interest from members who might be interested in volunteering to do an occasional tour, are confident birders at the wetlands and who can engage people in discussion about the birds, their lifestyles, etc. We are looking to have a list of potential volunteers for a 2016 program to be developed after a trial this spring.

We are also seeking someone to assist a Birds and Brunch tour on Sunday 18 October in the morning (1.5 hours 8.30-10am including light breakfast).

Please reply to Alan Thomas, COG Secretary on   or  phone 6278 5783.