canberrabirds

COG outing to Burra Sunday 20 Sept 8.30am

To: canberrabirds chatline <>
Subject: COG outing to Burra Sunday 20 Sept 8.30am
From: Sue Lashko <>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 02:45:53 +0000
Dear members

Details for the outing to Burra on 20 Sept were not in Sept Gang-gang because I had been unable to contact the property owner.  However, they have now reappeared so the outing will go ahead at 8.30am .

Address is 259 Badgery Road Burra, via Queanbeyan 2620.

If using a GPS put in Southern Tablelands

From Queanbeyan head in the direction of Googong along Cooma Road.  Proceed past the Googong turnoff and continue on past Fernleigh Park Estate.  Shortly after you'll see a turnoff to the left which is Burra Road.  Take this turn and proceed along Burra Road for 12.7 kms.  Slow down after your pass Hilltop Road on the left as you need to make a right turn onto Williamsdale Road.  Cross over the flood way over the Burra Creek and go along Williamsdale Road for exactly 2.6 kms and you'll see Badgery Road on your left.  Go along Badgery Road for 2.5kms and we're on the left hand side.

Coming from Tuggeranong get onto the Monaro Highway and turn off at Williamsdale.  Make a left turn onto Williamsdale Road.  The road is only partly sealed but it's only about 6.1 kms and you'll see Badgery Road on your right.

We have a long road frontage and if the rain ever stops, and the front paddock dries out I'll have the paddock gate open with a COG sign on it.  Drive through the gate, turn right and proceed towards the house.  If conditions are still very wet, then you'll need to park on the road verge (and perhaps wear gumboots!)

Sue Lashko