canberrabirds

An explanation - gremailins at work

To: "" <>
Subject: An explanation - gremailins at work
From: Geoffrey Dabb <>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 01:33:55 +0000

Displaying peacocks raise their elaborate trains by using their tails for reinforcement, the tails evidently being controlled by a muscular base.  Young trainless peacocks think the tail is all there is to the displaying game, not having fully grasped the train concept.  They use their tails to display at anything around, pigeons being quite handy for the purpose.  The other day I inflicted a small poem on the subject, with graphic, on this chatline.  Later  I noticed it did not go through, so I sent a test message with an unrelated graphic attached.  Thanks to those who responded to this.  I then sent an unrelated graphic with the same subject heading.  This did not go through either. Moreover neither message went through when sent to myself. With the support of a small grant from the Dyson Heydon Foundation for Advanced Email Studies, I thought I would pursue the matter a little further.  In case the system was averse to verse, I sent an unrelated message to the chatline using as a heading the well-known Adam Lindsay Gordon line about songless bright birds.  This went through immediately.  The system knows a real poet when it sees one. Thanks to those who responded to this.

It appears that the problem was the heading . The heading I used was the first line of the subject poem (see below).  Someone or something out there thinks this is a danger either to public morals or national security.

Anyway, very cautiously, standing back and using a broom handle to press the send button, I shall try again, below …