canberrabirds

thinking ahead to 2016

To: canberrabirds chatline <>
Subject: thinking ahead to 2016
From: Sue Lashko <>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 09:00:04 +0000
Hi everyone

Firstly, a very big thank you to the many wonderful members who led COG field trips this year. The loyal regulars put their hands up year after year and our programme could not operate without them.

I have also greatly appreciated the efforts of those who have lead their first trips in 2015.  This has allowed us to visit new areas - the many birding spots in Gungahlin, for example, have been a revelation to many of us.

This of course leads me to 2016.   Many of you regularly participate in our outings programme, so to old and new members alike, don't just be a participant: would you be prepared to lead a field trip in 2016?  If you feel you are not a very experienced birder, and so feel you couldn't lead a trip, don't worry as there are always plenty of experienced members to help you out. If you have a favourite birding spot, what about sharing it with others?

We try to have a mix of trips of the following types:
  • morning (Saturday or Sunday)
  • full day (Saturday or Sunday)
  • weekend (accommodated or camping)
  • long weekend (accommodated or camping)
  • mid-week (accommodated or camping)
  • possibly a spotlighting evening outing
  • possibly an extended trip of up to 10 days (camping)
If you would like to volunteer to lead a trip in 2016 and/or have suggestions of suitable destinations, please contact me with details including possible/preferred dates.

Many thanks
Sue