canberrabirds

FW: [canberrabirds] Re: Chestnut-rumped Heathwrens

To: "" <>
Subject: FW: [canberrabirds] Re: Chestnut-rumped Heathwrens
From: Geoffrey Dabb <>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 05:10:51 +0000

Ah Marnix, the evocatively named Cuumbeun Nature Reserve, once known as Scabbing Flat during its days as an orienteering site ... That name is now proudly borne by a bridge over the Macquarie River near Geurie.  The former scabbing HQ is one of our nearer heathy spots as I recall,  Nearer to what some might ask?  I suppose some might point, as more conveniently located, to Bluetts West, another CRH site in previous years.  Your cell, so far as I can tell from the code, boasts a recording rate for this 'uncommon non-breeding vagrant' of something over 5%.  Incidentally, on consulting the website I notice a couple of snaps of the 'Chestnut-rumped'  are strongly marked and very brightly coloured, to the extent one might expect of the Shy ,which is rather  more chestnutty,  rumpwise.  No doubt individuals can vary greatly