canberrabirds

Re: FW: [canberrabirds] Lapwings, Chats and Robins

To: Geoffrey Dabb <>
Subject: Re: FW: [canberrabirds] Lapwings, Chats and Robins
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 04:36:55 +0000
Thanks Geoffrey.

While they are a 'usual' species on the Plain, no-one had reported them for the month of July so I have updated my monthly report.

They are one of several species that get good value out of the hawthorns.  While they certainly build their breeding nests in them  have also seen them (and Diamond Firetails) build Winter-comfort nests in Crategus.

Martin