canberrabirds

Juvenile Currawong

To: 'Lindell' <>
Subject: Juvenile Currawong
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 05:53:41 +0000

Very odd time of year to still be in juvenile form. But from what you wrote, it is independent. It is quite pale. Maybe it is developmentally delayed. I don’t know what is wrong with its feet, I suspect likely it is a reaction a mite infestation of the scales. That is a suggestion not a diagnosis. There is plenty on Google under “mites on birds”.

Philip