canberrabirds

King Parrots

To: canberrabirds <>
Subject: King Parrots
From: mariko buszynski <>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 08:16:57 +0000
There are many King Parrots flying about in Hughes.  I saw three dead King Parrots in this winter in less than two months very close to the Hughes shops.  In the same period I saw only one dead SC cockatoo along the Kitchener  Street.

Dead parrots are all either juvenile or female. Unfortunately many dogs walk free in this area.  My own dog tried to get at one which was feeding on the ground but I pulled her up in time.  The bird flew to a tree and started to feed as if it was unaware of danger it was in.  The following day I saw a dead King Parrot around this area.  Are they more naive and vulnerable than other birds?