canberrabirds

[canberrabirds] RE: Black Swans in Canberra, 4-7 July

To: Philip Veerman <>
Subject: [canberrabirds] RE: Black Swans in Canberra, 4-7 July
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 04:19:48 +0000
A couple of other good spots are

   1. Bowen Park (Lake Burley Griffin) just East of Kings Avenue where the
   swans come to try to scrounge food off passers by; and
   2. they have recently been grazing in quite large numbers on the turf
   farm to the East of the Monaro Highway between Duntroon and Fyshwick
   (traffic may be an issue here).

Neither of these are particularly 'natural' environments so you might also
like to try your luck in Kellys Swamp (take Fyshwick Exit off Monaro Hwy
and then signs to Dairy Road).

I've marked these spots and Philip's suggestion on the attached clip from
Google Earth

Martin Butterfield
http://franmart.blogspot.com.au/