canberrabirds

Roos and Robins

To: 'Canberra birds' <>
Subject: Roos and Robins
From: John Bundock <>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 12:00:26 +0000

I was at Tidbinbilla today, the first time for over six weeks. I looked around the area behind the Information Centre, next to the tree line and across towards Birrigai. The roos have eaten the grass right down. Similarly on the hill rising from Birrigai. Normally at this time of year there are robins galore there but today only a few flames on the Tidbinbilla side and none on the Birrigai side.  Presumably this is because of a lack of insects, which have nowhere to hide in the grass. There’s shortly going to be some very hungry roos and also other creatures that rely on the grassland.

John Bundock

0400249429