canberrabirds

Carwoola obs

To: COG List <>
Subject: Carwoola obs
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 07:27:22 +0000
A good mixed flock came through our garden at lunchtime: Speckled warbler 1; Red-browed Finch 4; Superb Fairy-wren 10, Grey Fantail 1, Brown Thornbill 1; Weebill 6, Scarlet Robin 1.  A flock of 50 Yellow-tailed Black-Cockatoos have just (1715) landed in our large Yellow Box so there will be noise tomorrow morning.

In the latest Gang-gang Jack comments that reports of Shelduck at Bungendore have stopped.  The numbers there have dropped quite a bit in the last few weeks but I have submitted a few reports of eBird of groups of 30 -50 at one or other of the dams.  They have also turned up on the Plain again with about 30 feeding on a lucerne paddock.