canberrabirds

Out of area

To: 'COG List' <>
Subject: Out of area
From: Wayne Gregson <>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 10:25:45 +0000
Signs of a drying inland??

driving back from Qld last week down through Coolah, Gulgong and Wellington there were clearly many more groups of Apostle Birds beside the road than I have ever seen previously.  The nearest group to Canberra was a few kms this side of Cowra – far closer to Canberra than I have ever encountered.

We could be in for a few interesting visitors over the next few months given the already dry conditions out west and the El Nino now established.

Also of interest ( and perhaps also an indicator of things out west) a number of pelicans on small property dams plus a pair of Black Falcons between Dunedoo and Gulgong