canberrabirds

White-plumed honeyeater?

Subject: White-plumed honeyeater?
From: "Baird, Ian" <>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 23:25:23 +0000

No, ACT conservation status cannot be implied from NSW, but usually will be taken into account. I think you will find the state and territory jurisdictions have acted independently when declaring the conservation status of species. Each jurisdiction tends its have own expert scientific committee which makes the declarations. While there is a strong push towards ‘harmonization’ as far as possible, there are sometimes good scientific reasons why declarations  will vary for different geographic areas and habitats.

Ian Baird  | Senior Policy  Officer

Phone: +61 2 6207 2336

Nature Conservation Policy | Environment and Planning Directorate | ACT Government

Level 1 North, Dame Pattie Menzies House, 16 Challis Street DICKSON | GPO Box 158 CANBERRA ACT 2601 | www.environment.gov.au