canberrabirds

Lyre Bird, Mount McDonald Cotter. Thanks for welcome

Subject: Lyre Bird, Mount McDonald Cotter. Thanks for welcome
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 09:36:27 +1000
Hello,

Driving into town at about 4pm yesterday I was excited to see a Lyrebird cross
the road in front of me!  I was coming down Mount McDonald on Brindabella Road
and the bird crossed over from just above the new Cotter Dam.  If it kept going
in the same direction it would be headed to just below the Stony Creek Nature
Reserve area and if it descended it would get to the Murrumbidgee near
Casuarina Sands.  It is the only time I've seen a Lyrebird here.  That spot
must be a bit of a wildlife highway as in the same area I have seen numerous
wombats at night, echidnas half a dozen times and many wallabies.  Once or
twice I've seen a raptor seemingly hunting there too.

Thank you to all the people that have been so welcoming to me and have emailed
me from the group - I'm sorry that I have not yet gotten around to replying to
each of you individually and I REALLY appreciate all the advice you have given
me.  I am about to have a total knee replacement so unfortunately I won't be
going on the Uriarra walk (I am so disappointed) and seeing you at the meetings
for some time but I look forward to meeting you all in person.  I won't clutter
up discussion page again like this - just wanted to say thank you.

Kind Regards
Cassandra Walker