canberrabirds

Pale-tailed Kangaroo on Black Mountain Nature Reserve, a Rose Robin and

To: "'Steve Read'" <>, "'Nathanael Coyne'" <>, "'canberrabirds chatline'" <>
Subject: Pale-tailed Kangaroo on Black Mountain Nature Reserve, a Rose Robin and some migrating honeyeaters
From: "Mark Clayton" <>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 12:27:54 +1000

Even that reference is somewhat doubtful. I would suggest that there are more Brush-tailed Possums killed on the roads in the ACT than Wallaroos. Both the macropods are large and their bodies stay visible on the roadsides far longer than something the size of a possum. Another candidate for something that is regularly seen dead on local roads, probably more in the country, is the Short-beaked Echidna. Then of course there are the introduced Rabbit and Red Foxes, not to mention reptiles. In certain areas or at times during the year, there are quite a few birds. We are all aware of them!

I don’t always believe what Wikipedia says and on many occasions I have found theta they are wrong.

Mark