canberrabirds

New Member, Satin Bowerbirds, King Parrots, Flame or Scarlet Robin

To: "" <>
Subject: New Member, Satin Bowerbirds, King Parrots, Flame or Scarlet Robin
From: John Harris <>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 06:57:23 +0000
Hi Cassandra,
Welcome to COG.
I am a newish member myself for only a couple of years despite a lifelong
interest in birds and I have appreciated belonging. You are lucky to live
somewhere like Uriarra where there will be a wide range of bird life.
There¹s plenty of people on the COG chatline who will help you with ID but
nothing beats studying the COG site and consulting a good field guide,
paper or app (which you no doubt do already)! If you haven¹t done so
already, I suggest you get the Garden Bird Survey chart and start listing
your weekly sightings. It is a very helpful piece of discipline and forces
you to ID birds and once you know them you know them. And the data goes
into our store of ACT bird knowledge.
Cheers
John