canberrabirds

Migrations etc

To: "'COG List'" <>
Subject: Migrations etc
From: "David Rosalky" <>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2015 20:15:24 +1000

I became a paid-up fully fledged member of the YFHE migration club this morning.

For the first time in my recorded observations (as haphazard as they are), I had a migrating “flock” of about 15 YFHEs in my GBS in Deakin.  They were flying generally south to south-east and foraging on eucalypt spp as they went.  Their contact calls were not what I am used to hearing.  More muted than the usual “peep”s.

Also a mixed feeding flock with mainly Silvereyes but including a grey Fantail and a female Golden Whistler.

David Rosalky