canberrabirds

Tomorrow's COG walk Narrabundah Hill

To: "Michael Robbins" <>, "mariko buszynski" <>, "Ian Warden" <>, "casburnj" <>, <>, <>, <>, <>, <>, "Duncan McCaskill" <>
Subject: Tomorrow's COG walk Narrabundah Hill
From: "Jack & Andrea Holland" <>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 17:14:59 +1100
I’d have to say the forecast for tomorrow is a bit unclear, as I’m puzzled by how rain at times would amount to a predicted only 1-2 mm.  So it’s hard to tell from this whether it will be raining am tomorrow.
However, I should point out that the COG web site for field trips contains the following:

Weather Problems - COG Field Trip leaders will always be at meeting points. Where weather is a problem, a decision will be made on the spot about proceeding.

So I will be at the meeting point whatever the weather.  Of course if you wake up and it’s raining it’s your choice as to whether or not you participate.  If you do please come prepared for cool and perhaps

wet weather.

I should also point out that the weather tomorrow wet or dry is unlikely to favour mass honeyeater migration as it will be cloudy with a reasonably high overnight minimum – the best migration weather is

cold overnight followed by still clear days.  They also seem be have been coming through much later this year. often not until around noon, I expect we will not finish later than this.

So let’s hope for at least some sun, but we do need the rain.

Jack Holland

PS please remember to take some morning tea which we’ll have on the track.