canberrabirds

Fw: Forgotten

To: "COG Chatline" <>
Subject: Fw: Forgotten
From: "Lia Battisson" <>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 09:23:50 +1100
Below is a message from the Environmental Defenders’ Office that is commended to you by members of the COG committee.

Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 8:30 AM
Subject: Forgotten

Environmental Defenders Office - ACT
Canberra Ornithologists Group --

They forgot about us.

Did you see the news last week? Federal Attorney General George Brandis has backed down from threats to slash funding for Community Legal Centres across the country.

While we welcome the restoration of baseline funding to support the crucial work of community legal centres, the Environmental Defenders Office was forgotten. We will not have our cancelled funding restored.

We are the only community legal centre in the ACT dedicated to defending our environment. Without EDO ACT, there would be no affordable legal assistance available to those seeking to stand up for our environment.

We have been forgotten by George Brandis - Will you make sure we can continue to defend the environment in the ACT?

This, again, highlights the Australian Government’s blatant disregard for our community's right to affordable access to legal assistance and advice to protect our environment.

We have fought to strengthen environmental protections. We have fought to ensure local community groups get their right to hear their case heard. We strive to provide free and effective education about the legal rights and the protections that exist for our precious places.

Will you donate $45 today to ensure we can keep fighting?

We can only survive by working together

With immense gratitude for all you do.

Camilla Taylor
CEO, EDO ACT

p.s. Did you know that donations to EDO ACT are now tax deductible? Donate today, and get something back at tax time!

Environmental Defenders Office - ACT · Level 1 14 Childers Street, Canberra, ACT 2601, Australia
This email was sent to m("canberrabirds.org.au","cogoffice");">wlmailhtml:. To stop receiving emails, click here.

Created with NationBuilder, the essential toolkit for leaders.