canberrabirds

YTBC's at Williamsdale, some interesting birds off Angle Xing Rd

To: "" <>
Subject: YTBC's at Williamsdale, some interesting birds off Angle Xing Rd
From: Ken Bissett <>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 17:04:05 +1100
This morning we watched 8 YTBC's feeding in pine trees on the side of the Monaro about 250m north of the old servo.  They then moved to other pines in that area.

We then took a track off the Angle Xing Road just before you start to go down the river; the track that follows the transmission line.  Parked the car 200m along where there's a fork in the track near an open gate.

At this fork the birds were very active - most notable were a male and a female scarlet robin, juvenile red browed finches, a diamond firetail, noisy grey shrike thrush pair, olive backed oriole juvenile and I think a speckled warbler - was the right size and colour, streaked breast and belly, also white tip to tail feathers.

Ken