canberrabirds

The first SBB

To: "'Cog line'" <>
Subject: The first SBB
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 10:38:34 +1100
Well yes a change of topic but I had the first all blue Satin Bowerbird for
the year in my garden on Thursday, though he just past through. Curiously at
the time that the weather was looking rough. No way of knowing if it is the
same bird as has been here before and if so whether he was unimpressed that
my neighbour's formerly impenetrable jungle garden which had hosted a bower
for years and been the focus of the local SBB population, is now a bare
earth......... But he did come from that yard into mine.....