canberrabirds

Ancillary notes

To: COG List <>, COG Wednesday Walkers <>
Subject: Ancillary notes
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 17:30:33 +1100
After the walk today Ron and I did some further exploring  with mixed results.
  • The sanctuary at Mulligans is closed for rabbit shooting - per notice of the Sanctuary gate - until Friday.  Much better than shooting while folk are in there.
  • We saw 2 Blue-billed ducks on Yerrabi Pond.  Seriously!
  • The Nature Park next to the Campbell Defence area (ie over the horse stile) is occupied by a camp of ADFA people for the next three days and there are vehicles driving all over the place.  I shall be following this up with ADFA but the guys there assured me they had permission from TAMS!!! Why did TAMS permit this?
  • Powerful Owl found at Turner but relatively  low in a pine next to the usual Oak tree.
I shall now do the trip report etc.