canberrabirds

Re: re Powerful Owl

To: Chris Davey <>
Subject: Re: re Powerful Owl
From: Terry Bird <>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2015 19:48:32 +1100
Although I did not check it out personally my birding colleague informed me at about 1500 today that the Famous Canberra North B.C. Owl was in residence high up in the second oak tree further up the exit lane way some 30 metres past the green keepers shed complex. Look for heaps of grass clippings at the tree base where white bird droppings can be seen. Just today Terry M. Was examining dropped pellets. Of interest also was a slightly worn primary feather picked up by one of the bowling members whose partner at ANU is going to check for the sex of this bird. Please ring me tomorrow morning on 61619093 to arrange a joint visit. Terry B.

Sent from my iPad