canberrabirds

Fwd: Bathing Birds Summer Survey

To: CanberraBirds <>
Subject: Fwd: Bathing Birds Summer Survey
From: "David McDonald (personal)" <>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 18:02:46 +1100
For info - David

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Bathing Birds Summer Survey
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 05:14:06 +0000
From: Grainne Cleary m("npansw.org.au","grainnec");"><>
To: David m("dnmcdonald.id.au","david");"><>

View this email in your browser

Dear David,

We are very excited to announce that our Bathing Birds Summer Survey starts the 23rd of January and will run until the 23rd of February! This citizen science initiative is the follow up to our hugely successful 2014 Winter Bathing Birds Survey.

If you are new to Bathing Birds, welcome to the team! To take part in the Bathing Birds survey we require you to mark your location on a map on our data portal (www.bathingbirds.org.au) and answer a set of multiple choice questions about your garden and interactions with birds. Then once the survey starts on Friday the January 23rd, record what birds visit your birdbath for 20 minutes up to 3 times a week until the 23rd of Feb. We have a Q&A and help guides on the homepage of our data portal that will give you more information.

For you who have already taken part in our winter survey, your data will all be saved, however we do need you to answer a new set of garden questions. This allows us to capture any changes in your environment – even if your answers stay the same, this is important for us to know in order to compare seasons.

If you do not wish to take part in this awesome and very worth-while project (!), please unsubscribe from this email list by clicking the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of this email. Otherwise we look forward to working with you!

If you have any questions or queries about Bathing Birds, please feel free to email me at m("npansw.org.au","grainnec");" style="word-wrap: break-word;-ms-text-size-adjust: 100%;-webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;color: #6DC6DD;font-weight: normal;text-decoration: underline;">. Also, if you have not already, check out our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/bathingbirds.

Warmest wishes,
Grá

Copyright © 2015 National Parks Association of New South Wales inc, All rights reserved.
Citizen science initiative to find out what birds are using birdbaths and how our garden habits might impact on what birds are present

Our mailing address is:
National Parks Association of New South Wales inc
National Parks Association
PO Box 337
Newtown, NSW 2042
Australia