canberrabirds

car break-in at Callum Brae

To: <>
Subject: car break-in at Callum Brae
From: Tony Willis <>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 10:35:19 +1100
On Saturday we went out to Callum Brae Nature Reserve and parked near the main entrance on Narrabundah Lane.

We arrived at 8:45am and went birding, returning to the car at 10:30am. When we got back, we noticed that a blue Forester had arrived in the meantime and was parked near the gate. The driver's window of this car had been smashed, and the glass from it was on the ground, suggesting to us that the car had been broken-into while there. My car was fortunately not damaged.

People who visit Callum Brae might need to be cautious. I seem to remember there was a similar problem there some years ago.

If the owner of the car is a birder who uses the COG hotline and reads this, you can contact me directly if you like.

Tony Willis