canberrabirds

not about birds - Bleating Tree Frog in Ainslie

To: <>
Subject: not about birds - Bleating Tree Frog in Ainslie
From: "Steve Holliday" <>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 08:22:28 +1100

Hi Susanne

Sure sounds like Bleating Tree Frog. Kangaroo Valley would be within their usual distribution. Lots of Limnodynastes peronii calling in the background.

Will Osborne has told me of previous records from Mt Ainslie about 5 years ago – he subsequently learnt some tadpoles had been released into one of the reserve dams. Seems unlikely they could survive Canberra winters but maybe some have.

Our friend was calling away again last night. The call is so loud it is clearly audible inside our house!

Regards

Steve